You may have noticed that marijuana doesn’t always smell great. There are many ways to make marijuana smell fantastic, which you should try if your plants don’t already.
Some of these methods require a little bit of extra time and effort, but they will be worth it in the end when you get that high-quality product!
What Affects The Scent Of Marijuana?
The smell is one of the most important senses when it comes to cannabis. The scent coming from your buds or joints is what makes people want to buy them, but not all strains have a pleasant odor.
No matter how much you may love the taste and effects of certain strains, if their aroma isn’t up to snuff then it might be hard for others to appreciate them as well. Plus, bad-smelling weed means that you’re going to stink like a weed too!
So, what impacts the smell of marijuana? There are many factors that contribute to the way your plant’s smells, including:
- The soil (fresh soil or aged? hydroponic or soil medium?) – a lot of soils have a strong, earthy smell!
- Lighting – this can affect how much moisture your plants get, and they will smell like whatever you’re using them for
- How much water is given throughout the growing period – water can also change the smell of your plants in a big way
- Temperature – warm temperatures encourage growth, but sometimes bring out harsh plant odors!
- Fertilizers – when you’re growing marijuana in soil or hydropic, fertilizers will impact its scent tremendously.
- Humidity – if your plants are too dry or too moist, they will release odors.
- Pests – pest damage can make your buds smell terrible! If you notice a skunky scent coming from your plants, glance for signs of bugs.
In general, marijuana with a less intense fragrance is usually healthier and better quality than weed that has an unpleasant aroma. Don’t be discouraged if your plants don’t produce a pungent smell. Just use these tips below to make them smell fantastic!
What Does Weed Smell Like On A Person?
Marijuana is a natural herb that comes from the Cannabis Sativa or Indica plant. It can be smoked, consumed as an edible, or drunk as tea. It has been used as an alternative to opioids and benzodiazepines for pain relief and anxiety. In addition, it has been shown to increase appetite and relieve nausea in chemotherapy patients.
Marijuana can smell minty, fruity, earthy, or skunk-like and can linger on clothes and skin for several hours after use depending on the frequency of use. For those who smoke cigarettes, marijuana may also have a similar odor that often becomes stronger when it is smoked with tobacco products which is why some people choose to vape their cannabis instead of smoking it.
How Does Marijuana Smell Before Smoking And After Smoking?
Before smoking, some strains tend to just smell like hay while others have a sweet, earthy scent. Either way, the smoke is usually the factor that brings out the most delicious or pungent smells.
After smoking marijuana, you will get that strong burnt plant smell coming off of your pipe or bong.
How To Get Rid Of Marijuana Smell
If you smoke weed, then chances are that at some point you’ve been confronted with the problem of how to get rid of the marijuana smell. Whether it’s on your clothes, in your hair, on a carpet, or simply an odor lingering around the house – it can be very frustrating and embarrassing.
Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to prevent your home from smelling like weed. However, the smell is hard to get rid of once it has been in an enclosed space for a long time.
Smoking outside or in open spaces will help minimize the smell at first, but this won’t completely solve the problem unless you take some extra steps.
How To Make Marijuana Smell Fantastic For Smoking
You can burn incense, candles, or essential oils that have an aroma that compliments your weed. Be cautious though since too much smoke from other sources can actually take away from the smell of cannabis.
If you need to cover up a certain smell coming from your weed, try mixing the smoke with something else that has a pleasant scent. You can also burn incense or cedar chips to help get rid of any weed smell that might spread throughout your home.
Old leather, coffee beans, fruit peels, and even dryer sheets will help absorb the pungent odor of marijuana for a short time. If you keep your weed in an airtight container, try freezing it for at least 24 hours before you smoke it.
How To Make Marijuana Smell Fantastic For Consumption
If you are baking or cooking with marijuana, there are some things that will help enhance the aroma of the vegetation during consumption. Try these tricks to make marijuana smell fantastic:
- Brownies, cookies, and other edibles will be enhanced by using a little black pepper, ginger, vanilla extract, cloves, or cinnamon.
- If you want to bring out the sweet smells of your pot brownies or cakes, add some cocoa powder or dark chocolate shavings on top.
- Vanilla-cannabis fat bombs and other recipes can smell like a bakery with sweet vanilla extract or sprinkles.
How To Make Marijuana Smell Fantastic After Burning It
If you’re smoking weed, then the smell will come from the burning plant matter itself. Your pipe, bong, joint papers, and blunt wrappers all can increase the smell of marijuana. Try these tricks for making marijuana smell fantastic after smoking:
- Keep the fan on to blow out the smoke and make sure there is plenty of ventilation.
- Scents like lavender, orange peels, or dried herbs can be used as a filter. The only solution to truly getting rid of weed smell may be to invest in a smoking filter, but these are pretty expensive.
If you are looking for ways to make your weed smell more pleasant, then this article is perfect for you. We’ve provided some of the most common methods that people use when they want their marijuana to have a better aroma before or after smoking it.
If none of these tricks work and your cannabis still smell too pungent, try freezing it in an airtight container overnight or invest in a specialized filter system. Once you know how to make marijuana smell fantastic it will be just one more thing that you can enjoy about your favorite herb!